Truly a tragic drama: Arab actor dies filming death scene
Talk about putting the drama into theater. An Arab actor reportedly died on set while staging a death scene for an upcoming film.
The UK Mirror reported that actor Mahmud Al Sawalka died at age 55 while filming a death scene for a TV series called "Blood Brothers" in Amman, Jordan.
The actor, who is famous throughout the region for his work in historical dramas, seemed to know that death was imminent--beyond the script, according to his cast and crew, when he changed his last lines. Al Sawalka, who was supposed to say to his screen son in the death scene, "I want you to bury me with your bare hands," changed his line to, "I have the feeling that I'm going to die soon," minutes before he actually did.
An investigation is currently underway regarding the cause of Sawalka's death.
- Huh?? Isis fighters mourn Robin Williams' death and discuss their favorite movies on Twitter
- A warm felt nod from the desert for actor 'Lawrence of Arabia': Peter O'Toole, dead at age 81
- Iraqi government hangs itself: court sentences Vice President to death
- British media wildly speculates on Briton in Dubai prison death
- Jordan: Protester’s death caused by heart failure - expert