Time flies when you're freezing? Jordan to switch to winter clocks as snow arrives
The government decided on Wednesday to switch to wintertime as of next week.
Fall back is in full effect as of next week, December 19th. Clocks are to be set back by one hour by midnight on Thursday making the Kingdom two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time as reported by The Jordan Times.
Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour announced the decision on the onset of what is expected to be a wild and wintery storm hitting the kingdom.
The change-up was a direct response to calls by MPs, the public and civil society organizations.
Bonus: Ensour also announced that schools and universities would be closed on Thursday due to awesome...er...um...bad weather conditions.
- Rain and snow to come but Jordan officially cancels winter in the Kingdom
- Same old PM marks radical change for Jordan
- Let them eat bread! Could Jordan's austerity measures lead to riots?
- The latest appointment into the Hashemite fire: Jordan's 62nd PM in 66 years takes the stage
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow: UAE, Jordan team up for next "Alexa" blizzard