No Love Lost: Jordanian Girl Poisons Fiancé with Coffee
Although there are many ways to show disdain with a marriage prospect, this young Jordanian girl from Jerash opted to go Shakespearean and poison her fiancé instead.
The homicide district attorney presented Judge Qahtan Quqaza with a case of a young man killed by his fiancé in Jerash.
The district attorney charged the young woman with murder in the first degree, after she put poison in her 22 year-old fiancé's coffee.
After the district attorney interrogated the defendant, she confessed to murdering the victim, who was also her cousin. As a result, she was held in custody for 15 days in the woman's penitentiary in Juideh.
The young woman did not want to be engaged to her cousin, which prompted her to do something extreme. Seeing that he liked coffee so much, she deicded to poison his coffee to be rid of this unwanted union.
Not picking any old poison, the young woman purchased a highly toxic agricultaral substance from a local store the day before the incident. She awaited until her betrothed was in the house before she prepared his coffee and laced it with the poisonous substance.
Afterwards, the fiancé started screaming with great intestinal pain. He was rushed to the hospital and remained in critical condition until he passed away.
Never underestimate a woman scorned! Were the young lady's actions at all conceivably justified? Have you heard of similar incidents of love promises gone horribly wrong?
- Love in the vegetable aisle? Saudi couple pick supermarket for their big day
- The walk of shame: Dubai's taxi sexpat calls in damage control
- The marriage that couldn't weather Jordan's political storm: Husband divorces wife for running for office
- Crazy in love! Saudi man assaults divorce judge
- A young Saudi billionaire dies in mysterious circumstances hours before marriage