Jordan's King Abdullah Goes Viral and Rocks the Boat
Social media users in Jordan on Tuesday began circulating a video of His Majesty King Abdullah surprising a fisherman while sailing in a small boat in the Gulf of Aqaba.
The video, posted on YouTube, shows the King sailing on his boat when a fisherman sees him and pilots his boat towards him to greet him.
In the amateur video, King Abdullah directs his escort to approach the fisherman’s boat, after which the fisherman steps onto the King’s craft, kissing and hugging the King as well as voicing support, and invites him over to his home for lunch.
Numerous Facebook users posted the video on their pages yesterday with comments praising the King.
The one-and-a-half minute video, which can be accessed at http://www.youtube.com, was also posted on most of the country’s news websites.
Officials at the Royal Court declined to comment on this video, while The Jordan Times was unable to reach the fisherman.
Sources in the coastal city of Aqaba told The Jordan Times that the video was taken about two months ago.
- Jordan's Tragi-Comedy Stand-Up Acting Troupe: The New Voice of Reform
- Disturbing YouTube video of Russian thugs burning Quran, beating up Muslims sparks police investigation
- Caught on camera: July Youtube video sparks fresh UAE libel law debates
- Dubai Fountain Display Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston
- Jordanian Jan 17th Ignored: Tyranny Threatens the Hashemite Kingdom from Abroad