Lady Gaga has booked a gig in space
Abu Dhabi-backed Virgin Galactic, the space tourism arm of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, is to blast singer Lady Gaga into outer space for a special concert as part of a music festival it is staging in the US in 2015, it was reported.
New York-based singer Stefani Germanotta, better known as Lady Gaga, will board the Virgin Galactic space ship and travel into outer space and sing one track at zero gravity, US Weekly magazine said.
The stunt will be part of Zero G Colony, a three-day hi-tech festival set to take place at Spaceport America in New Mexico and which will be staged approximately six months after the first Virgin Galactic commercial flight, which is due to take place in late 2014.
"She has to do a month of vocal training because of the atmosphere," a source told US Weekly.
- Calling all Emiratis who want to travel into space! Virgin Galactic's new out-of-this-world competition
- Arab world's Lady Gaga: Colonel Gaddafi!
- Roundtrip ticket please...to Space! Dubai to launch new "out of this world" flights
- Iran will soon send one of these four lucky animals into outer space
- Abu Dhabi aiming for the stars: Emirate wants to become regional space hub