Lebanese pizza delivery man imprisoned for...cannabis pies!
116 Cannabis pills were stuffed into the pizzas delivered to Zahle prison (Shutterstock)
A courier was arrested Tuesday after guards found cannabis in meat pizzas bound for an inmate at a prison in Zahle, police said in a statement.
The statement said the courier, a 28-year-old Lebanese man identified by his initials J.K., was arrested after guards found the cannabis, in the form of 116 pills, hidden in three dozen Sfihas, a Lebanese-type meat pizza.
The man was taken into police custody for further investigation, the statement added.
A security source told The Daily Star that the guards were acting as part of stepped up measures to curb drug smuggling in prisons.
- That's not organic! Lebanese policeman smuggles chemical laden sandwiches
- Captagon pills siezed at Beirut airport
- Chill out and and smoke something! Socialist politician wants to legalize cannabis in Lebanon
- Drug dealing parliament? Lebanese cabinet propose new cannabis laws.
- Meat supplier feels force of Islamic law after sneaking pork into England's prisons