Levant mourns Mandela: Lebanon lends its love with Dec. 10 National Madiba Day
Caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati Saturday declared Dec. 10 a day of mourning for former South African President Nelson Mandela, who died earlier this week.
According to a statement from his office, flags at state and municipal buildings will be flown at half mast and television stations will modify their broadcasts as appropriate to “the importance of this great symbol.”
Mandela, South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon, died Thursday night after battling with a chronic lung infection for months.
- Mandela learned from the best: Mossad agents trained Mandela in sabotage and weaponry.
- Paying respect to one of the greats: UAE to honor global icon Nelson Mandela with memorial service
- Bibi considers Israeli Air Force One after Mandela memorial miss
- Film festival helps refugees find hope
- Has America fallen out of love with Obama?