Lebanon's Saad Hariri Sheds Tears for Saudi's Sultan and Father's Friend
- Saad Hariri is emotional over the death of Prince Sultan.1 of 4
- 2 of 4
- 3 of 4
- 4 of 4
Former Prime Minister Saad Hariri hailed Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdel-Aziz al-Saud, who died early Saturday, as a model of successful leadership who has supported Lebanon through its toughest times.
“The deceased, who has born great responsibility along with the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdel-Aziz, was a model of successful leadership and was a symbol of good and kindness for his country and nation,” Hariri said in a statement.
“Lebanese have lost a dear brother and a loyal friend, who has helped Lebanon throughout the toughest times and worked with his brothers to extend a helping hand to [Lebanon's] people and country,” he added.
Hariri expressed his deep sorrow and pain for the death of the Saudi crown prince and offered his condolences to the royal family and the Saudi people.
“With the loss of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia his Royal Highness Prince Sultan Bin Abdel-Aziz al-Saud, one of Saudi Arabia’s flags has been folded, [and the page has been turned on] a brilliant Arab character who has played a prominent role in shouldering the responsibilities of the nation and its leadership,” he said.
- Britain cringes as 'Sheikh' Charles brandishes Arabian sword on the dance floor Saudi-style
- In dedication to Lebanon's slain politician Chatah: world condemns murder of a 'symbol of tolerance'
- Trigger-happy merry royal is Saudi loose canon: prince shoots young man dead
- Jumblatt has friends in high places: Walid and the King
- Who really killed Hariri?