Passerby captures lion roaming the streets of Kuwait
A pet owner is missing his cat in Kuwait today.
According to an article in the Daily Star, a passerby spotted a lion in Kuwait's upmarket Bayan district. He lured the lion into his car's backseat. After spending a few minutes with the lion in the car, he became concerned for his safety and called the police. The lion was promptly transferred to the police vehicle.
The police are looking for the lion's owner. Wild animals are often raised illegally as pets in Kuwait, where they are considered status symbols.
One hopes that the lion has been transferred to a safe place. One also hopes that this street-smart passerby soon posts a "How To" video on YouTube. He could title the video "How to Lure a Lion into Your Car's Backseat".
- Kuwait desperate to deny that the infamous Leila Ben Ali visited
- A lion by any other name would roar as loudly: Cuddly Gaza Strip lion cubs named after Hamas missiles
- Kuwait warns against drug use as eight die from overdose in January
- I pledge allegiance: Kuwaiti proud to have named his son George Bush
- Hit the road Jack! Foreigners driven out of Kuwait for driving offences