Like a Prayer: Islam is in 'Vogue' for Madonna
Like a virgin....touched by the Quran for the very first time!
Material girl Madonna has been reading Islam's holy book in a bid to understand the religion better.
The 55-year-old popstar said in an interview with Harper's Magazine that she is building schools for girls in Islamic countries and wants to understand Islam, ANI reported.
The 'Vogue' singer told Harpers she thinks studying all the holy books is important, and that she agrees with the old addage that a good Muslim is a good Jew, a good Jew is a good Christian, and so forth.
Kudos to Madonna for reading the Quran - maybe she'll be changing the name of her hit songs to reflect her new religious leaning? "Allah don't preach"? "[Islam in] Vogue"? "Like a virgin [until marriage]"?
Before all else, Madonna needs to learn how to sport a niqab properly before delving any further into Islam...
- Madonna's Muslim slip: Nips tucked in but mouth still runs wild
- Small talk with Madonna tests you on Arab uprisings like Libya's latest
- Madonna strips for a good cause: a smutty dedication to dying Taliban girl
- One man's trash is another man's treasure: Yemeni man gives second life to over 3000 discarded Qurans
- iQuran? Saudi to lead on Digital Quran to spread message of God