'Maid stole her employer's lingerie'
A housemaid admitted stealing Dh3,000 worth of lingerie and clothes from her employer, a court was told on Tuesday.
MS, 37, was found in possession of clothes, underwear, jewellery and a diamond ring, all of which belonged to her Emirati employer, HA, prosecutors say.
She also took more than Dh4,000 in cash, the Dubai Criminal Court of First Instance heard.
HA, 43, said she discovered the thefts in September after Dh3,000 went missing from her car.
She told prosecutors she questioned her three maids, all of whom are Filipina.
"All three denied it, but I threatened to call police and let them solve the crime," she told prosecutors.
One of the maids then told HA she had seen MS with a diamond ring belonging to her, prosecutors say.
"I lost the ring a month ago, but I did not think that it was stolen," she said.
When HA confronted MS, she confessed to the crimes, prosecutors say.
The court will issue a verdict on November 1.
- Housewife is cagey about seeing husband molest maid in pigeon cage
- Filipina nurse gets life in prison for meth possession in Dubai
- Milking it: UAE maid makes off with family jewels
- Pizza Peeping Tom Taps Ladies' Shower
- Nice night to take a stroll and er… Be caught with a fake Emirates ID hidden in your underwear!