A bit rich? Emirati woman wants thousands in alimony after 3-day marriage
The Ras Al Khaimah Family Court has started hearing a case in which a 20-year-old Emirati woman is seeking Dh30,000 in maintenance allowance and deferred dowry.
The court records showed that the plaintiff accused her husband of divorcing her three days after the wedding ceremony in a very humiliating way without giving any rational reason.
“Imagine that he left me on our wedding night to chat and play with his friends in a neighbouring emirate, and came back after three days regretting that he was late,” the woman told the court.
“What is very odd and I could not understand till now is what he did after that. He ridiculously sent me an SMS in which he divorced me claiming that he did not want to be unfair to me,” she added.
The court bench, presided by Judge Mohammed Al Shihi, summoned the defendant husband and his divorcee and ordered the adjournment of the case to September.
What do you think about the alimony request? Tell us your thoughts below.
- Desperate UAE divorcée tries to fix debts with 'kidney' deal
- Eating the evidence: Dubai airport thief swallows cash to hide crime
- The wedding crashers: Israeli extremists protest outside Jewish-Muslim wedding in Tel Aviv
- Emirati woman fights for bigger divorce settlement from porn-obsessed husband
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night