Take that off! Mecca's Grand Mosque arrests man for wearing...what?!
Security authorities at the Grand Mosque in Mecca arrested a 40-year-old man wearing unusual attire inside the mosque on Tuesday and Wednesday. The individual was later transferred to the Bureau of Investigation and Prosecution.
Lt. Col. Atti Al Qurashi, official spokesman of Mecca police, said the individual entered the Grand Mosque in Mecca on Tuesday evening unusually dressed causing many pilgrims to gather around him to take photos resulting in congestion and disturbance to other worshippers.
He said that the man refused to heed calls by security officers to wear more appropriate attire to avoid disturbing the pilgrims but he returned on Wednesday evening dressed in the same outfit. The security officers then arrested him and referred his case to the Bureau for further legal action.
- Mecca police: Marry a Jew? You must be crazy
- Double Haram! Male thief dressed in an Abaya arrested in Saudi mosque
- The hottest ticket in town: Unlicensed pilgrims take desperate measures to sneak into Mecca
- Virus fears kill Hajj crowds
- You won't believe what women in Saudi's Grand Mosque are doing to make a quick buck