Too much love on these handles?! Two MENA countries top world chart for women obesity
Here is one "big" issue that some MENA countries will need to consider in the future: U.S. media and news company Bloomberg said in a report published on its website recently that Egyptian women are the most obese in the world, followed by another MENA country, Jordan, according to online Arabic daily Sahafi.
The report stated that Egyptian women ranked in at number one as the most obese among other women in the world, with an average weight of 172 pounds (78Kg), while Jordan came in second with an average of 169 pounds, followed by South Africa.
The US came in at number four with 165 pounds, and Syria at number five.
Meanwhile, Israel claimed the number 12 spot, while France came in at number 50 with 145 pounds, making its women the skinniest in the world.
Brazil was absent from the the study, which included 50 countries.
- Over 70% of this MENA country's population is obese
- Egypt's female students told to drop pants or face hell
- Oh Woman Oh Cry: Yemen worst place for women
- Morocco: "Famous for nightclubs, women with bad reputations" and backpeddling Egyptian columnists
- They're on the war-path! Arab women march the 'March' on International Women's Day