Disturbing online campaign asks Israelis to kill a Palestinian every hour
Over 10,000 people have joined an online campaign to kill a Palestinian "terrorist" every hour until three missing Israeli teens are returned to their families, Israeli media reported Sunday.
The Israeli newspaper Maariv reported on its website that within hours of its creation, a Facebook page calling for the hourly assassination of Palestinian "terrorists" had reached 10,000 likes.
The Facebook page called on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to "take responsibility instead of holding (President Mahmoud) Abbas responsible" for the alleged kidnapping of three Israeli teens, Maariv reported.
Three Israelis, aged 16-19, disappeared Thursday night from nearby the Jewish-only settlement of Gush Etzion.
Netanyahu said Abbas was responsible for the safe return of the youths, and blamed Hamas for kidnapping them.
Palestinian leadership denied responsibility for preventing the kidnapping of the youths.
Ehab Bessaiso, spokesman for the Palestinian unity government, stressed Sunday in a statement that the three youths went missing from Area C, the approximately 62 percent of the West Bank that is under full Israeli military control.
Hamas denied involvement, calling Netanyahu's claims "stupid."
- Knesset employee fired for comparing Israeli missing teens to Palestinian prisoners
- Israeli Online Counter-Attack: Hacker Posts Saudi Credit Card Details
- Aim and shoot: IDF sniper triggers uproar with Instagram shot of Palestinian child
- Hitting Israel where it hurts? BDS activists step up campaign
- Twitter says no more tweeting for this Middle East political group