Missing Lebanese diver found dead in Tyre
The body of the deputy head of the Divers’ Syndicate, Hussein Abu Khalil, has been found after he went missing Sunday while practicing diving in the southern city of Tyre, reported Voice of Lebanon radio.
Khalil, 42, had gone diving with sailors Ali Kaawar and Hussein Tahhan in an area called “Ras al-Mizrab”, which is known to be littered with dumped old car parts and is rife with large fish.
The diver swam to a depth of 50 meters while his companions remained in the boat.
A helicopter for the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon was used in the search operations and Abu Khalil’s body was eventually found washed up on al-Mansoury shore just south of Tyre.
- Sharks and Sheikhs: 40 sharks infest Saudi waters
- Saudi women scuba divers demand their own section of the sea
- Charred body of pregnant woman found in dumpster: Jordan police suspect honor killing
- Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin
- A Heinous Crime in Lebanon: Newborn Devoured by Beasts