Saudi: Baby monkey weeps over mother hit by car
After its mother was hit by a car, a baby monkey lay over his dead mother’s body in the road. The accident happened in Saudi Arabia on Sunday and shocked locals as the emotional scene attracted more and more bystanders.
The baby monkey seemed unaware of the growing crowd as it held its mother and wept. Even after her death, it continued to grab its mother’s body, refusing to leave it reported Emirates 24/7.
“A large crowd stopped to look at such a touching scene and many of them took pictures. The little monkey refused to leave its mother and was heard weeping. It was a very painful scene that shows there is nothing more painful than losing a mother,” the Saudi Arabic language daily Sabq said.
Locals claimed that the monkey and her baby were crossing the road heading towards the mountains in the western Saudi town of Taif when she was hit by the car.
- Saudis gone bananas: Elderly shepherdess shot dead after being mistaken for monkey
- In cold-blood! Turkish mother decapitates and freezes stillborn in college dorm refrigerator
- Baby-making but no baby-naming: the plight of Saudi conception
- Son's screaming sounds the alarm on mother's affair, suffocates baby to death
- Arab press report a boom of a womb? Saudi mother's uterus 'explodes' killing mother and unborn baby