Mama milked this marriage dry: Saudi man commits suicide after learning fiancé breast-fed by his mother
In the Middle East, sharing the same mama (or her milk!), makes two individuals' relationship a brother-sister one (Shutterstock)
Finding out that your fiancé was breast-fed by your mom at birth IS pretty weird, and definitely a deal-breaker for marriage in the Middle East, but worth killing over? For this Saudi man, absolutely.
According to Emirates 24/7, A Saudi man, who learned that his soon-to-be wife could be considered his sister because she was breast-fed by his mother, committed suicide upon hearing the news.
“Policemen were told that he committed a suicide after learning that the girl he was engaged to was like his sister as she was fed by his mother when she was a baby,” Emirates 24/7's Arabic language daily source said.
In the Middle East, sharing the same mama (or her milk!), makes two individuals' relationship a brother-sister one. Marriage in this case is then forbidden (despite the prolific practice of marrying cousins throughout the region. Hmm....).
The man reportedly covered himself in petrol and lit himself on fire, dying hours later despite efforts to rescue him at a nearby hospital.
- Lebanon snubs the global breast-feeding trend
- Brit Muslims outraged over geneticist's 'first-cousin marriages risk birth defects' comments
- Rape in Egypt: Man impregnates mentally ill sister...twice
- Still searching after all this time: Saudi kidnapping case revived after 60 years
- 11-year-old Yemeni girl in anti-marriage video