Pants-off, Dance-off carries high price for Saudi men
Saudi Arabian man sentenced to 10 years in prison for dancing naked on the roof of a car. Before he can get started on his time in jail however, he will also receive 2,000 lashes, court official said. Just to ensure he really gets the message, he will also be hit in the wallet with a $13,000 fine for the act.
Reported by Gulf News, the act took place at a camp where it’s clear that the “what happens at camp, stays at camp” rule was broken as a video of the Saudi “birthday suit” dance was circulated on the internet.
The nude Saudi dancer wasn’t alone. Two other men were also sentenced for being involved in the pants-off, dance-off party. The lesser punishments were handed to the two men, one in the amount of seven years and 2,000 lashes and the other in the amount of two to five years and 1,200 lashes.
While the defendants have the right to appeal, the prosecutor has already stated that he thinks the ruling was too lenient.
- Saudi Woman to Receive 50 Lashes for Swearing in Text Message
- Saudi's sex and booze party-for-two lands him a year in jail
- Informer for Israel: Jordanian man gets nine for spying
- 8 years, 800 lashes for Saudi preacher who 'tortured his five year-old daughter to death'
- Saudi woman sentenced to 10 lashes for defying driving ban can now vote!