Put the grapes away, Nasrallah in good health - Hezbollah
Lebanon's Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah is safe and sound, and has not left Lebanon, the group's information office said here Tuesday, denying reports on Nasrallah's ill health.
Recent reports suggested that Nasrallah, 52, was transferred from Beirut to Iran for treatment due to health setback.
"Such reports are totally divorced from reality," Hezbollah's information office said in a release.
"Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah is well. He is still in Lebanon, and he has not gone anywhere," it affirmed.
The Lebanese Shi'ite leader was reported to have traveled to Tehran in a plane sent by the Iranian presidency. Nasrallah's health was said to have deteriorated.
Tell us what you think! Did you believe the rumor? Or is there something not quite right about this? Let us know!
- A frowned upon love: outrage over Fairuz' support of Hezbollah leader Nasrallah
- Indictment will not cause sectarian strife: Nasrallah
- Get off the couch for Gaza, says Hezbollah, no more time for armchair Arabs
- Hypocritical much? Hezbollah leader lecturing on stoking 'sectarian tensions'
- Obama raises Lebanon stakes