Take those pajamas off! Oman bans "un-Islamic" pj-themed nightclub party
A nightclub in Muscat, Oman, cancelled a “pyjama” themed party after a wave of criticism on social media, a report in the Gulf News said.
The "pajama" party plan by Crowne Plaza’s Zouk club came under attack by Omanis on Twitter, some terming in "un-Islamic", the report said.
The party, initially scheduled for Friday April 25, promised free pillows upon entry for “the big pillow fight”.
However, Zouk club posted a message on its Facebook page saying that the pajama party was cancelled “due to some technical issues” and that the club would operate as normal with the regular dress code, the report said.
- Feathers fly as world's biggest pillow party comes to UAE
- The morning after the night before: Crazy Dubai party lands two in jail
- Dubai club busted for letting in party kids as young as 12
- Talk about being a party pooper: Iran bans flag themed fashion show
- No leadership, no allies, the Communist Party of Lebanon stumbles on