Out of this world! 13 Mideasterners to fly to space with Buzz Aldrin
13 people from the Middle East will have the chance to journey to the outskirts of space with Buzz Aldrin, thanks to a new competition launched across the region.
Sponsored by Axe (a personal care brand), 13 lucky winners will be able to fly to the edge of space on a personal spacecraft with Buzz Aldrin, one of the first men to walk on the moon, as a personal tour guide.
The space flight is operated by the privately owned XCOR Aerospace project, which is scheduled to start its first passenger flights next year. Winners will travel in a spacecraft called Lynx, designed to fly two people at a time, one pilot and a passenger. Tickets for commercial flights have been on sale to the public for $95,000, according to Gulf News.
“Space travel for everyone is the next frontier in the human experience,” said Buzz Aldrin, the legendary astronaut and pilot of the historic Apollo 11 spacecraft that landed on the moon in 1969. “I’m thrilled that Axe is giving the young people of today such an extraordinary opportunity to experience some of what I’ve encountered in space.”
The deadline for entry is August 10 and more information can be found at axeapollo.com
- Roundtrip ticket please...to Space! Dubai to launch new "out of this world" flights
- Calling all Emiratis who want to travel into space! Virgin Galactic's new out-of-this-world competition
- Who’s that space monkey? Iran’s simian astronaut mission called into doubt
- Puss in space boots: Iran to launch Persian cat into orbit?
- Not a monkey in sight but Egypt joins the Middle East space race