Curiosity killed the peacock! Pakistani policemen suspended after cat eats PM’s peacock
A feisty feline has cost three policemen guarding Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s compound their jobs after it killed a peacock kept in the farmhouse gardens.
The peacock’s body was discovered by a gardener last Tuesday at the Jaati Umra residence in Raiwind, The Express Tribune reports.
Twenty one constables were summoned for questioning by Superintendent of Police Arshad who initially denied the incident, however admitted that three officials had been disciplined for neglecting their duties.
Nawaz Sharif famously used a white tigress as a mascot for his election campaign in 2013, but came under scrutiny when the welfare of the animal was questioned.
- Clear cut? Egyptian police force to face disciplinary board over beard
- Hero: Pakistan schoolboy, 14, sacrifices life to save classmates from suicide bomber
- Dubai comes down heavy on 2 men caught in sex act in car
- A close shave: Egypt's hairy policemen return to the force
- Beirut's airport comes under attack