Where is the justice? Tragedy in Ramallah after wife is killed by angry husband...in court
A Palestinian stabbed his wife to death in Beir Zeit Sharia Court in Ramallah on Sunday after he lost his temper on learning that she was at the court to file a case against him.
The police said that the murderer was arrested and an investigation was launched into the case.
A source in Ramallah told Gulf News that 28-year old Sabrin Ayyad went to the court to file a case, presumably a divorce from her husband.
Even before the woman presented her case, the husband descended on the scene and asked his wife, “What are you doing at the court?”
Later he attacked his wife with a knife, stabbing her several times before the police could intervene.
The source said that the West Bank-based courts have witnessed several such cases and even guns have been being used inside the courtrooms.
“Visitors to the court should be searched,” the source said. However, police sources said that it was extremely difficult to search all the visitors daily.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- 21 sentenced to death over Port Said Stadium disaster
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Killing Jewish Settler as Violence Claims more Lives
- Janat in search for a husband
- Two Palestinian Killed, Four Injured by Explosion in Gaza City