Palestinian Old Man Beaten by Own Kids Kills Himself
Suicide by rat poison is how one old man chose to escape the abuse
Ramallah: An elderly Palestinian committed suicide by swallowing two bottles of rat poison, reportedly unable to bear alleged harsh treatment meted out to him by his own children.
Faisal Ebrahim Yousuf, 80, from the village of Jinsafut, north of the West Bank, was pronounced dead in an ambulance on his way to a hospital.
Security sources told Gulf News that Yousuf's body was still at the morgue pending an autopsy before it was handed over to his family for burial.
The sources said that the victim's wife and children, who allegedly used to beat their father, had been detained for police interrogation.
Yousuf's relatives and neighbours told Gulf News they had often intervened during family disputes and shielded the man from his children, who they said used to beat him up.
The victim had abandoned his wife and left her with her children in one of his houses while living alone in another house.
The security sources said that witnesses had told police that the victim had threatened his children that he would end his life if they did not stop roughing him up.
The sources said that one of the children tried to burn his father in the house. Relatives said Yousuf wanted to disgrace his children and highlight his mistreatment at their hands.
By Nasouh Nazzal, Correspondent
- Man accused of killing police officer in West Bank reportedly beaten to death by Palestinian forces
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Tunisian punishment NOT fitting for crime: man flips his homework lid, kills kids and flees
- IDF court sentences Palestinian man to life for killing Israeli teens
- Dead Body Of Elderly Palestinian Man Found in West Bank