Palestinian woman dies after giving birth to 69 children
A Palestinian woman gave birth to 69 children before passing away. (File photo)
A Palestinian woman, believed to be one of the most fertile women in the world, has passed away.
The death of the 40-year-old woman was confirmed by her husband to Gaza Al-An news agency, according to Al Arabiya.
According to the report, the woman had given birth to 69 children.
This is not the first recorded instance of a woman having so many offspring.
A quick search on the internet throws up a Guinness World Record Page which shows a Russian woman by the name of Mrs Vassilyeva, who had also given birth to 69 children.
According to the information available on the website, the Russian woman, in 27 confinements, gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets.
- Doctor, 2 midwives suspended after woman dies in PA public hospital
- UN Members Have Betrayed Children: UNICEF Director
- Palestinians Teenager Shot Dead by Israelis after Funeral of Five Children Killed by Booby Trap
- Israeli army withdraws from Tulkarem after arresting 100 Palestinians; Israel: bomber arrested near Jenin
- Ariel Sharon: 'The Butcher of Beirut' dies at 85 after eight years in coma