A warm felt nod from the desert for actor 'Lawrence of Arabia': Peter O'Toole, dead at age 81
Acclaimed actor, Peter O'Toole, best known for his international fame in the blockbuster movie "Lawrence of Arabia", has died aged 81. His death occurred in London after a long illness, as reported by his agent on Sunday.
O'Toole, who suffered through stomach cancer and survived in the 1970s, died in a London hospital on Saturday, Steve Kenis, his agent, told Reuters.
"Peter O'Toole's family announced today that very sadly Peter died yesterday, peacefully in hospital. He had been ill for some time," Kenis added in a separate statement.
- Evidence of Lawrence of Arabia's desert parties found in Jordan
- MERS suspected in death of doctor in Riyadh
- UAE National Day Tragedy: Red Crescent Director falls to death repairing UAE flag
- First Bahraini Woman Sets Herself on Fire in Copycat Death
- Ever heard the joke about Lawrence of Arabia walking into an Aleppo bar?