Planned marriage FAIL: You may now kiss your daughter!?
A Mauritanian man from the capital Nouakchott got the surprise of his life upon meeting a potential bride to be.
As he went to ask for a woman's hand in marriage, a woman he had not previously met, he found that the woman in question was his own daughter, reported Al Hurriya newspaper.
How does something like this happen?!
As it is told, the 35-year-old potential bride was in Nouakchott for a training course during which time she was to be hosted at a relative's home.
The family was a bit surprised when they received a phone call from a man asking for the woman's hand in marriage but they proceeded to be open to possible arrangements.
They called her family, who live in a village outside of the capital and a date was set for the man to visit and check out his bride.
On Nov 16, the man arrived at the woman's family home with two of his relatives. Once he got inside, he received the shock of his life.
Standing there was a woman he had married over 35 years ago and since divorced. However, also standing there was the woman he was planning to marry, his daughter!
- A young Saudi billionaire dies in mysterious circumstances hours before marriage
- Emirati woman fights for bigger divorce settlement from porn-obsessed husband
- False rape claim ends in a marriage proposal
- Bin Laden's widow -Amal- to go back home
- Woman Overboard: Egyptian Lady Thrown into Nile Over Divorce