Politics on Morsi causes Egyptian woman to file for divorce
A 31-year-old Egyptian woman that works as an Arabic language teacher filed for divorce in Cairo, the Arabic news site 7th Day reports.
According to the publication, the duo had numerous disagreements over the course of eight months about President Mohamed Morsi. The arguments eventually led the 35-year-old husband to physically hit his wife, 7th Day reported.
All in all, the marriage lasted for 12 years, and the couple sought counselling from family members in an attempt to save the marriage.
The woman told the media that her husband is “stubborn and will not stop his support for Morsi.” The wife added that she cannot accept such a man to be her husband.
Meanwhile, the husband said the arguments were a frequent occurrence and that his wife is “insane for going to court.” He also said his wife makes negative comments on “every decision Morsi makes” and that she “only listens for bad news on channels that do not tell the truth.”
Story translated from Arabic
- He had it coming! Dubai man's three-way-sex with his 2 wives ends in divorce
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Egyptian wife pulls plug on marriage after power cuts
- Oops! Saudi woman leaves husband after he compares her to his car
- Saudi marriage up in smoke after wife divorces husband over cigarette sins