Ramadan head-rush: Ferrari versus date tree
A high-speed collision killed a driver, destroying his Ferrari. (source: Dubai Traffic Prosecution)
A speeding Ferrari driver died when he lost control of his sports car and hit a date tree slicing the vehicle in half.
Prosecutor Salah Bu Farousha Al Felasi, head of Dubai Traffic Prosecution, said the 20-year-old Indian motorist died at the scene at 1am on Sunday in Dubai’s Motor City.
“He was driving at high speed and his car slipped into the opposite lane and then skidded onto a grass area for 67m until it hit a tree, according to a witness who saw the accident,” Al Felasi said in statement.
The witness pulled the motorist from the wreckage before the vehicle burst into flames, however the driver was already dead.
Police said two people have died on the roads since the start of Ramadan. “The first one was a 21-year-old Emirati man who died on the Hatta Road.”
- Don’t drive under the influence of sleep. Sleepy son kills dad in road crash
- Cyclists vs Motorist: Arab triathlete's death brings rise in safety concerns
- Pimp my ride: Dubai police go on patrol in luxury sports cars
- One time too slow: UAE police arrest driver with 580 traffic violations after she is caught speeding
- Dubai is defining "careless" and "distracted" driving...and will now fine you for it, too