Out of the North Pole and in to the desert: Santa is kidnapped in Dubai!
Santa Claus has been kidnapped by Media One Hotel in Dubai - as part of a campaign to get people to visit the hotel.
Bound in chains, Santa is seen on a YouTube video appealing for help to free him by December 24 so he can deliver presents to the kiddies on time.
Santa said on the Mediaonehoteldxb channel: “I won’t be getting what you’re having - they have me on bread and water here - but if you book for December 25, you’ll get all the traditional treats plus roast turkey and all the trimmings.
“If they fill up on time, they say they’ll release me on the 24th… just think of all the kiddies and the grannies!”
Media One confirmed to 7DAYS that it is a marketing campaign and said: “Media One has kidnapped Santa and we ain’t letting him go! That’s right. WE GOT Santa and unless you make a festive booking SOON, he’s not coming back!”
“We know how important Santa is to everyone so we have kidnapped him so Dubai’s public will come to Media One to help release him,” said Sally Meech, the venue’s marketing and public relations manager.
Is kidnapping Santa taking it too far? Or is it just some hilarious festive fun? Tell us what you think below.
- Dubai's dusty souq gets jumped, climbed and flipped by world famous freerunner
- from the desert to the north pole, british business group event hosts a member’s reflection on a life threatening expedition
- Santa Claus is Coming to Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Sezzam and Aspen to host the festive fun
- North Pole chic in... Dubai?
- The Muppets red carpet gala to headline Dubai International Film Festival’s Cinema for Children