Saudi Woman to Receive 50 Lashes for Swearing in Text Message
A Saudi court sentenced a local woman to 50 lashes for swearing at her friend, following an argument, a newspaper reported on Monday.
The two Saudi women, aged 33 and 31 years, had decided to go out with their children for a weekend night but differed on where to go.
“An argument ensued and the two women decided to split … one of them later sent a text to her friend’s mobile phone swearing at her,” the Arabic language quotidian Kabar reported.
“The other woman went to court and showed the judge the message … although that woman said she was joking, the court ordered her lashed 50 times.”
Kabar said the court has given the convicted and sentenced woman the right to appeal.
Do you think this action will make texting cleaner? Tell us your views in the comment section.
- Sex pest turned songbird: Would you want Saudi's notorious "sex bragger" to be your muezzin?
- Cheers to the 21st century! This Saudi woman got her divorce granted using spy software to catch her cheating husband
- Only in Saudi Arabia: Businesswoman whipped for yelling at the religious police
- Saudi woman sentenced to 10 lashes for defying driving ban can now vote!
- Love hurts, or at least for five Saudi men who were lashed for attending a Valentine's party it does