Saudi Woman to Receive 50 Lashes for Swearing in Text Message
A Saudi court sentenced a local woman to 50 lashes for swearing at her friend, following an argument, a newspaper reported on Monday.
The two Saudi women, aged 33 and 31 years, had decided to go out with their children for a weekend night but differed on where to go.
“An argument ensued and the two women decided to split … one of them later sent a text to her friend’s mobile phone swearing at her,” the Arabic language quotidian Kabar reported.
“The other woman went to court and showed the judge the message … although that woman said she was joking, the court ordered her lashed 50 times.”
Kabar said the court has given the convicted and sentenced woman the right to appeal.
Do you think this action will make texting cleaner? Tell us your views in the comment section.
- Saudi woman sentenced to 10 lashes for defying driving ban can now vote!
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Tainted Love: Saudi Man Divorces Wife Over Mall Loudspeaker
- False rape claim ends in a marriage proposal
- Sex pest turned songbird: Would you want Saudi's notorious "sex bragger" to be your muezzin?