90-year-old Saudi celibate comes out of the 'desert' to tie the knot!
It is never too late for a Saudi man who got married this week at the age of 90.
Khalil Al Sallami was feted by Hali, a village 75 kilometres south of Al Qandhfa on the western coast of Saudi Arabia, at a ceremony that will remain as a milestone in the community, local Arabic daily Okaz has reported.
“There is no way that I will ever forget this special night,” Al Sallami said. “I have finally decided to do away with my celibacy and get married. I wish to thank all those who contributed to the marriage ceremony.”
Al Sallami said that he would spend his honeymoon at a luxury hotel in Al Qandhfa.
“I look forward to having children,” he told the daily.
The age of the bride was not disclosed.
By Habib Toumi
Please share your thoughts on this 90-year-old groom!
- Daring to straddle the gender gulf: A Saudi woman dresses like a dude to drive a bus
- Divorce rates high in 30-somethings Saudi Women /Qaddafi voted funniest Arab Comic
- Saudi no nonsense nurse battles gender roles to save lives
- Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal
- New Year's Eve nightlife nixed in Saudi