That's one hot chick! Saudi farmers prepare for chicken beauty contest
Who fine is your feathered friend? Saudi farmers will decide this Friday in Riyadh's chicken beauty pageant (Shutterstock)
Saudi farmers will be fluffing their chickens' feathers for the final time today in preparation for tomorrow's first-ever....CHICKEN beauty pageant contest.
According to Emirates247.com, Friday's pagaent represents the first beauty contest involving poultry (not to be outdone by the goat, horse, and camel beauty contests that have already taken place in the Gulf nation).
Pagaent-organizer and Saudi farmer Mutaab Al Othman has invited farmers from all over the Gulf to bring their finest chicks to his farm in Riyadh.
Auctions for "rare" chickens are scheduled as part of Friday's activities, and Al Othman hopes that these fine feathered ladies will bring in between SR2,000-10,000 each.
- A different kind of beauty pageant: UAE's Filipino maids strut their stuff for a cause
- Ostrich farms: Lashes of make-up for Middle East divas must come from somewhere
- Billy goat glamorous: Saudi man splashes out $3.5 million on prize goat
- Beauty of the beast: camels compete in beauty contest in Saudi Arabia
- Catwalk like a camel: Egypt gets the hump over success of camel beauty contest