Patriotism is in the eye of the beholder: Saudi-themed contact lenses are the Kingdom's latest trend
As Saudi Arabia’s 83rd national day approaches, scores of green-colored items — clothes, flags, posters, glasses, caps, among others — with national trademarks are flooding the market.
Contact lenses is the latest product making rounds in the market and trending on WhatsApp.
Designed specially for the occasion, the lens bears the words "La Elaha Ella Allah, Mohammad Rasool Allah (There no God but Allah, and Mohammad is the messenger of God)" in golden color on a green background. The other lens, however, carries the Kingdom’s logo of two swords and a palm tree.
By Saudi Gazette
- Saudi Columnist Retracts Anti-Prophet Tweets
- WhatsApp with Saudi's comms crackdown? Messenger 'to be banned within days'
- Women cruise the streets of Saudi Arabia in latest challenge to the Kingdom's driving ban
- All the kings men rush to take take down poster mocking Saudi royal
- What's 'appening? Saudi threatens to block popular messaging apps