We want pre-nup! Saudi couples' divorce rate tops world charts
57 divorce cases per day have been recorded in KSA over the past 12 days (Shutterstock)
With a daily average of around 57 divorce cases per day, Saudi is topping world charts with one of the highest divorce rates in the world. Over 30,000 cases were filed in 2012 and thus far in 2013. According to Saudi officials, nearly 90 percent of the divorce cases involve Saudis married to other Saudis.
KSA's Justice ministry reported that the town of Makkah in the south ranks first with the highest divorce rate in the country, with 92 cases filed within the first 12 days of the new Hijri year that began last week.
Perhaps KSA university students may want to reconsider their majors and pursue careers in law....
- 'Not enough sex'? The desert Kingdom reports 1, 650 frustrated Saudis filing for divorce in 2013
- Scholar calls for mandatory marriage workshops to save Saudi's newlyweds from divorce
- Saudi couple divorces over football match
- Seal bags top spot at Dubai World Cup gig
- Jordan's King Wants Cabinet Reshuffle, New Plan for Social Welfare