Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal
A Saudi man in his 50s has married a school principal, a teacher and a student in the same high school and a supervisor in a different school.
“It is a rather strange and unique case,” a teacher in the same school as three of the four wives told Saudi Arabic daily Okaz. “We often talk about it and all the teachers and students see the fun part of it,” she said.
She added that the principal did not take advantage of her leading position in her attitude towards the other two wives, her subordinates, or of the supervisor when she conducts inspection visits in the school in Jizan in southwestern Saudi Arabia.
“The principal treats the teacher and the student normally, like she does with the rest of the staff and students,” she said.
Online comments criticised the multiple marriages, saying that the age difference was socially wrong.
“Can he cope with the mental, physical and material pressure to bring up children or will he just turn them into street kids?” Zeezo wondered.
Another comment advised him to start a new school while one commentator said that he should take up a position in the school.
By Habib Toumi
What do you think of this story - Do you agree with multiple marriages? And, if so, has this man gone a step too far by marrying three women from the same school? Leave us your comments below!
- Saudi teacher throws sulfuric acid at student
- You better do your homework, kids, or else you will be eating animal feed for lunch in this Egyptian school
- Soccer shocker in Saudi: Teacher football fanatic under fire
- If you wannabe my husband, you gotta marry my friends: Saudi bride's bizarre demand to new husband
- Egyptian teacher told get out of their hair! Rapped knuckles for cutting schoolgirls' 'unveiled' hair