Silence is golden but duct tape is silver...and a terrible idea for Saudi newborn nurses
While taping a constantly crying mouth shut might be good in theory, it is rarely great in practice. [blogspot]
In what they claim were efforts to get the ill newborn to stop crying, nurses at an obstetrics hospital in Saudi Arabia were accused of sticking adhesive tape over his mouth.
The father, Ahmed Al Otaibi, was shocked when he went into the ward at the hospital in the western town of Taif and found that his newborn son had tape covering his entire mouth.
“I nearly lost my mind when I saw my son in such a condition…he is suffering from a virus in his blood and other illnesses and such an act is absolutely cruel and inhuman,” he told the Saudi Arabic language daily Sabq.
“When I started to scream, some nurses came rushing and took the adhesive tape off my son’s mouth…I could not believe my eyes when I returned later and found the tape on his mouth again….they stuck the tape again, thinking I left the hospital!”
- Saudi no nonsense nurse battles gender roles to save lives
- You've got to be kidney-ing me: Saudi accuses hospital of organ theft
- Alyssa Milano's faux ‘sex tape’ reels in pervs, forces Syria down their throat
- Three year old survives gang-rape in Saudi
- Syrian teenager sets himself on fire in Beirut in protest