Saudi prince spends a fortune at Disneyland
A Saudi prince spent 15 million euros ($19.5 million) for three days of fun at Disneyland near Paris to celebrate his degree, the group that runs the theme park said Monday.
Prince Fahd al-Saud booked entire areas of the park over May 22 to 24 for his 60-odd guests. The festivities included tailor-made events involving "rare Disney characters," Euro Disney told AFP.
Special security was put in place for the prince, one of the park's top customers, it added.The theme park attracted 16 million visitors last year but Euro Disney has not made any profits since it was set up 20 years ago.
In the six months to March, the group had a net loss of 89.1 million euros compared with a loss of 11.8 million euros in the same period last year.
- Ruffling feathers: Saudi prince kills roughly 2,000 birds in one hunting trip
- Lap of luxury: Saudi princess splashes out $62 million on Geneva estate
- Top gears and a million dollar hand-paint job? Saudi artist gets a Porsche offer she can't resist!
- Saudi dog-loving diplomat gets hounded in Hindi park
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed ranks fourth on Forbes' richest people list