Soccer shocker in Saudi: Teacher football fanatic under fire
Twitter users have called on the Education Ministry to punish the teacher who appeared in a video footage circulating on social networking sites coercing students into chanting the name of a Saudi football club instead of the national anthem.
The video shows the teacher asking students to cheer the Saudi Al-Nasr football club by aggressively repeating the phrase, “I am an Al-Nasr fan.”
Twitter users have expressed outrage that a teaching platform was used to propagate non-academic opinions and force students to adopt a certain viewpoint.
“This teacher cannot be trusted. In this video, he can be seen instilling unhealthy attitudes among students. This is indoctrination,” one tweeter said.
Ironically, the video comes in spite of a recent government prohibiting photography within schools without written permission from authorities. A clause within the provision even prohibits students from taking mobile phones to school.
- Happy Saudi National Day. Here's an embarrassing video clip of a Saudi teacher ripping out textbook pages showing girls
- Quran teacher under fire for video of student beatings
- Saudi teacher throws sulfuric acid at student
- Soccer Shocker! American women get their game on in Riyadh
- Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal