Stowaway ahoy! Saudi border guards find child smuggled in a box
Saudi border patrol guards caught a man trying to smuggle his 6-year-old son out of the country inside a cardboard box that was packed with bags and luggage in the back of his vehicle, authorities told Al Arabiya Saturday.
Fahad al-Harbi, director general of customs at the Halat Ammar border crossing, said the father had no legal documents for the boy that he was trying to spirit into Jordan.
The man told border officers that the boy’s mother had been deported to Indonesia after living illegally in the Kingdom, and they had never obtained any documents for their son. The father, a Saudi resident, was referred to authorities for appropriate action, Harbi said.
Is this a reasonable way to treat your child? Or is it just desperation? Tell us what you think below.
- Saudis with foreign mothers not real sons of soil?
- Syria's neighbors dragged into conflict: Jordan's border villages hit
- The hottest ticket in town: Unlicensed pilgrims take desperate measures to sneak into Mecca
- It’s just a bird: Saudi concerns over latest ‘Zionist vulture’ a lot of fuss and feathers
- The battle for the Sinai but this time Egypt fights its own people