Saudi teacher throws sulfuric acid at student
The student who was struck by the sulfuric acid has been out on a 14-day sick leave (Shutterstock)
The teacher told school authorities the incident was an accident but the victim and 14 of his colleagues asserted that the teacher did it on purpose and with no specific reason.
The student remains hospitalized and will need a 14-day sick leave. Bisha Education Director Saad Al-Salim said a committee was formed to probe the allegations.
The teacher has been referred to the Bureau of Investigation and Prosecution and is still in custody until the final results of investigations come out.
- Sticky situation in Kuwait: Teacher given the boot after sticking chewing gum in pupil's hair
- Soccer shocker in Saudi: Teacher football fanatic under fire
- Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal
- Say waa-llah?!? Halal hookers, Israeli toilet spies, exploding suicide bomb teachers -- Al Bawaba´s 14 weirdest of 2014
- Alpen Capital GCC Education report highlights the growth potential and investment opportunities