Saudi teacher throws sulfuric acid at student
The teacher told school authorities the incident was an accident but the victim and 14 of his colleagues asserted that the teacher did it on purpose and with no specific reason.
The student remains hospitalized and will need a 14-day sick leave. Bisha Education Director Saad Al-Salim said a committee was formed to probe the allegations.
The teacher has been referred to the Bureau of Investigation and Prosecution and is still in custody until the final results of investigations come out.
- Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal
- You better do your homework, kids, or else you will be eating animal feed for lunch in this Egyptian school
- Egyptian teacher told get out of their hair! Rapped knuckles for cutting schoolgirls' 'unveiled' hair
- Soccer shocker in Saudi: Teacher football fanatic under fire
- Quran teacher under fire for video of student beatings