Saudi Abuses Wife and is Sentenced to Read
A Saudi national found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced to reading two books that explain relations between spouses in Islam. He will later sit for a test on what he learned from the books.
The husband was also told to memorise five of the 30 parts of the Quran, and 100 sayings by Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), Saudi Arabic daily Al Madinah reported Monday.
The husband was also ordered by a court in the Red Sea resort of Jeddah to give his wife 7,000 riyals (Dh6,854) and to make sure to preserve women's rights. The wife had complained to the security authorities after her husband hit her during an argument when she told him he should go hospital to visit his cousin while she sees her family.
The husband reportedly became angry over her wish to go out, hit her and caused her bruises.
Do you think this punishment is enough? Share your opinions in the comment section.
- Oops! Saudi woman leaves husband after he compares her to his car
- Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
- We Want Pre-Nup! Saudi Man with too many wives divorces to marry more
- Read between...what lines? Saudi bans thousands of books at Riyadh fair, calls Darwish blasphemous
- Tainted Love: Saudi Man Divorces Wife Over Mall Loudspeaker