Saudi Wife 'Switch': The Perils of Meeting Your Bride on Wedding Day
A newspaper report, on Tuesday, confirmed that a young Saudi man discovered on his wedding night, that his bride was switched with her older less attractive sister.
The Saudi newspaper “Sabaq”, reported the young man, who felt shortchanged, saying that, “I went to see my cousin (the bride), whom I intended to marry. She captured me with her beauty; she was also of a suitable age.” He expressed his happiness and his unrestrained desire to marry her.
He went on to add, “On the wedding day, I was astounded and had the shock of my life, when I discovered that, the one I dreamt of, my beautiful bride was “switched” with her older, less attractive sister”. He expressed his sorrow for being tricked by his uncle’s family, and wasted no time before divorcing his wife the next day.
A family counselor said that, 10% of divorce cases occur due to the lack of flexibility of the parents of the bride and groom , who do not allow the legitimate marital “look-over”. She further points out that this delayed meeting causes marital disputes when couples are prohibited from viewing, let alone knowing, each other before marriage.
- Wedding night blues: Sex-tape goes public, bride goes home
- Make him best man! Saudi manager brings bride her wedding gown on his day off
- Nuptial nightmare: Saudi groom thrown in prison for assaulting bride's family at his own wedding
- Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
- A young Saudi billionaire dies in mysterious circumstances hours before marriage