Oops! Saudi woman leaves husband after he compares her to his car
A Saudi woman has walked out on her husband after he compared her to the car he bought through a bank loan.
A man familiar with the case said that the husband told his wife in her thirties that he had taken out a loan from a bank before their marriage to buy the car and to pay for her dowry. He added that one loan was enough and that while he expected returns if he ever wanted to get rid of the car, he did not anticipate any if there were similar plans for the wife, Al Weam news site reported. The wife, angered by her husband’s remarks, decided to leave him and take their children back to her parents’ home.
“There are now serious attempts to contain the situation by narrowing gaps and having the husband apologise to his wife,” the man said. “It is very important for spouses to assess and measure the impact of their words before they utter anything. They should be fully aware that they can hurt the dignity of their spouses or make them suffer,” he said.
Most readers sympathised with the wife and insisted on a more considerate attitude from the husband.
However, some readers said that the wife had overreacted and that rushing to a negative decision could end their union and deeply affect the future of their children.
- Saudi marriage up in smoke after wife divorces husband over cigarette sins
- He had it coming! Dubai man's three-way-sex with his 2 wives ends in divorce
- Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Tainted Love: Saudi Man Divorces Wife Over Mall Loudspeaker