Flogging Saudi: Yemeni man gets smack down for accusing spouse of sex secrets
A Yemeni man was sentenced to a flogging for not proving his accusation that his current wife was not really a virgin when they married.
A Saudi news website says a judge in the holy city of Makkah ordered a man to be lashed 20 times for his unprovable accusations.
Al Sharq Online reported Monday that the sentencing came after the Yemeni man was not able to provide any sort of evidence to support his statement.
The Yemeni man accused his wife in front of her father and other neighborhood elders of lying about her virginity. He claims that she had been married and divorced before they met.
He claimed that she was in breach of her marriage contract as it stipulated that she would be a virgin at the time of their nuptials.
The website also stated that the wife went to court to prove her honor and reputation.
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Osama's father-in-law had rejected matchmaker's proposal to marry his daughter
- Get a room! Hotel manager and his lover jailed after wife finds them in bed in Dubai
- Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
- Crazy in love! Saudi man assaults divorce judge