Middle East bids for 7-billionth baby
As India, Philippines and two cities in Russia claimed the 7-billionth baby born yesterday, a Jordanian expatriate in Dubai gave birth to a 3.27-kg baby girl who was named Mariam.
Doctors say the number of children born to Emirati women is going down due to various reasons such as late marriages and infertility.
The world population reached the landmark figure yesterday.
The UN chose yesterday to mark the day with a string of festivities worldwide to welcome the new occupant on Planet Earth.
- Man fines wife for giving birth to baby girl
- Miracle on Mecca's streets: twins born in the holy city at Hajj
- Police hunt for parents of prayer room Christmas miracle baby in UAE
- Sperm liberation: Palestinian prisoner smuggles seed out of jail
- Announced with a Tweet: Sheikh Mohammed Welcomes Baby Son Zayed