Asian maid found guilty of mixing poisonous chemicals in baby's milk
An Asian maid was referred to the public prosecution after she was found guilty of placing a chemical substance in the drinking bottle of the infant baby of the family for whom she works.
Khorfakhan police arrested the maid after the mother of the baby, who is suffering from a brain disability, suspected that a chemical had been placed inside her daughters’ bottle when she opened the bottle and found a strange smell coming from it.
She immediately took the bottle to the police, who then sent the bottle to the forensic laboratory of the Sharjah police.
On asking the mother why she suspected the maid, she said that she had witnessed a sudden behavioral change in the maid, especially when dealing with house members.
The lab test results of the bottle proved that a chemical substance named phenothrin, which is used in manufacturing insecticides, had been mixed with the baby milk.
The maid was immediately arrested and was detained before being referred to public prosecution for endangering the life of an infant.
Sharjah police has urged parents to keep a vigilant eye on their children and avoid keeping their children alone with maids for long hours, and to deal with domestic helps in a good manner to avoid their aggressive reaction or revenge in case they are mistreated.
By Afkar Abdullah
- Milking it: UAE maid makes off with family jewels
- Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin
- Police hunt for parents of prayer room Christmas miracle baby in UAE
- Malaysian man arrested for sodomising his baby boy after wife refused sex
- Married women protest the right to recruit maids