D'oh! Homer Simpson gets cozy with the Burj Khalifa on "The Simpsons"
Something new is standing out in Springfield.
The world’s tallest tower has found a new home in an episode of hit Fox series The Simpsons, where Dubai’s Burj Khalifa has made a star appearance.
In the episode, titled YOLO or “You Only Live Once,” which aired on Sunday in the U.S., a disgruntled Homer Simpson is seen trying to perhaps match Tom Cruise’s efforts to scale the Burj.
With the help of his Spanish pen pal Eduardo Barcelona, Homer gears himself up to go skydiving.
But Homer’s action adventure is cut short as his bald head makes impact with the Burj Khalifa, which has appeared in the Simpsons’ fictitious town of Springfield.
The Simpsons, now in its 25th season, is the latest in a number of TV shows and films that have featured the 830-metre tall structure.
Tom Cruise’s “Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol,” also featured the Burj, in prominent scenes showing the Hollywood star climbing the skyscraper.
- It's a conspiracy! Simpson episode proves Syrian war premeditated by U.S. says Egyptian TV show
- If you thought the Burj Khalifa couldn't get any more dazzling, wait till you see this crazy makeover!
- Tom Cruise Leaves Mark on World's Tallest Building
- Twist and shout: World's biggest 'twisting' building opens in Dubai
- Holy Burj Khalifa! Residents must fast longer with three different Iftar zones