Single and ready to mingle in the mall?
Malls in Saudi Arabia do not allow single men to enter without families. (Twitter)
Some young men are paying girls and women up to SR100 at weekends so that they can enter malls as their relatives, according to a report in Arab News.
Nahala Khalid, who is often approached, said: "Usually guys offer to pay SR100 for me to help them enter a mall. I always refuse because I do not need the money and don't want to violate the regulations. When I refuse they criticize me."
Yasmine Abdullah said she feels sorry for the young men who cannot enter malls. "Very few girls and families help them enter. When I am alone I cannot do anything to help them but when I'm with my family my father agrees to let them in as members of the family without taking their money."
Faysah Majid said most of the young men seeking help are her cousins. "They plead with us to let them go along. Sometimes this is quite funny, I mean just seeing them saying please 'where else can we go?'"
Najat Abdulaziz said her female friends make money from these young men by waiting at the gates for them to make offers. The girls take between SR50 and SR100 and then enter quickly, leaving them stranded outside. They cannot complain and can only hope someone else will help them, she said.
- Single and ready to mingle! Dalia Al Buhairi divorces hubby
- Is Mohammad Assaf off the market or still single and ready to mingle?
- Mai Hariri says she doesn't trust men after bitter divorce from Milhim Barakat
- Ayten Amer has lost the pounds, but she's gained a beau!
- That was quick! 10 months after divorce, Deema Baya'ah tying the knot again